A health conscious pensioner is going viral online after he mistook a slushie machine for hand sanitiser when he walked in to pay at a local service station.
The sticky mistake was captured on security camera footage at an unidentified petrol station, believed to be located in Ireland, and posted to social media.
The clip shows the well-intentioned mask-wearing man stopping in the doorway of the service station and looking around for a hand gel dispenser.
He then makes a beeline towards a slushie machine containing two containers filled with red and blue flavours of the popular partially frozen drink.
He can then be seen pouring the sticky substance onto his hands, believing he is sanitising them.
After diligently rubbing the ice cold slush in, he walks further into the shop, apparently unaware of his chilly error.
The clip has received hundreds of thousands of views on social media, with many praising the man for his efforts to follow health guidelines amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Source: Twitter & 7News - Sunrise